1) People are scared of you just because of the music you listen to:
Some of this music is so extreme, violent sounding, and evil, and others are intimidated just because the metal brethren can not only handle, but enjoy such an auditory assault.
2) Heavy metal music can be used as a weapon:
I recently heard a great story about American troops blasting the fuck out of some Taliban hideaways by playing Deicide at a massive volume. While I think that this is a bullshit war by most accounts, I am proud of the military for this one. When one of my jerk friends is pissing me off and I’m driving, I will just turn up the dial on some Cannibal Corpse or Decapitated. Come on Sav, we’re just trying to chill here. Yea me too, bring on the Dying Fetus!!
3) There is some amazing musicianship underneath those generic death growls:
I have no patience for those who immediately shut off from a particular band because “they can’t hear what the guy is saying.” Uh, I think its something about blood and death and war guy. No but seriously, some of these bands topple some deep subject areas, such as psychology, metaphysics, history and politics. This is not to say that I love everyone’s vocal style, or lack thereof (Radiohead I’m looking in your direction), but I give every musician a chance to impress me. (God, I still can’t figure out why Radiohead has such a following!).
4) Metal listeners have their own subculture:
We can talk for hours to a complete stranger about why Richard Christie is an insane drummer or Steve Digiorgio is a bass god. I find true metal heads to be few and far between, and a meeting between us can be a rewarding and invigorating experience.
5) The girls flock to you:
Well, no this actually isn’t true.
You Are Reading
Marc Muchnik Wednesday, June 25, 2008 Random Web Stuff
- ► 2011 (117)
- ► 2010 (133)
- ► 2009 (149)
06/22 - 06/29
- NY Knicks Draft Danilo Gallinari
- 5 Nutrition Mistakes That Piss the Hell Out Of Me ...
- MTV2 Commercial Video on MTV.com
- Jay-Z Freestyle - "Laser In Ya Ear"
- Rare Live Sublime - "Greatest Hits" & "All You Nee...
- AZ - "The Format" (Prod DJ Premier)
- Jeff Buckley Live - Last Goodbye (1995)
- UFC Champ Rampage Jackson vs. Blogger
- Best Basketball Bloopers - Missed Dunks
- The Trons
- Viral Video of the Day (6/28/08)
- Top 10 KOs of 2007 (MMA, Kick Boxing, Muaythai, UF...
- How to Snag a Major League Baseball
- NBA TV's 2008 NBA Draft Recap
- Chicago Bulls Take Derrick Rose No.1 in NBA Draft
- Smashing Pumpkins - "Cherub Rock"
- NoFX - "Linoleum" (Live - 1996)
- UFC 86 - The Countdown is On
- Rare Live Sublime - "Ganja Gladiator"
- Goodie Mob - "Dirty South" ft. Outkast
- Viral video of the Day (6/27/08)
- Gunnin' for That #1 Spot: Official Movie Trailer
- 2008 NBA Draft es Esta Noche
- DamNation w/ The Reverend Bob Levy
- Propaganda Blog on DefinitiveJux.net
- The State - "Fast Food"
- Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Give It Away" (Woodstock ...
- Rare Live Sublime - "Warning Sign"
- Rampage & Forrest Griffin joke on UFC show
- Team USA - Road To Redemption #2
- Viral Video of the Day (6/26/08)
- Beastie Boys - "So What'cha Want"
- Flight of the Conchords - Best of Murray
- Rakim - "When I Be On The Mic" (prod. by DJ Premie...
- Killarmy - "The Shoot Out"
- Team USA - Road To Redemption #1
- The Beatles - "In My Life" 1965
- 5 Great things about being a Metalhead (Savage Spe...
- The Top 10 Most Expensive Domain Names Ever
- This Week on MTV2
- Big L ft. Shyheim - "Furious Anger"
- Shyheim - "On And On" (Prod. by Dj Premier)
- Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Soul to Squeeze"
- Notorious BIG - "Unbelievable" (live on hot 97)
- Nine Inch Nails: "Piggy" Live
- M.O.P - "Cold as Ice"
- Rare Live Sublime - "Get Ready/Pawn Shop"
- Xgobobeanx - "Wii Need to Talk"
- Forrest Griffin and Rampage Jackson vs. Shogun Rua...
- Viral Video of the Day (6/25/08)
- Paid Dues at the Fillmore in Denver Colorado
- Savage Speaks: Top 5 Workout Mistakes That Piss th...
- Rampage Jackson KO's Ricardo Arona via Power Bomb
- Howard Stern Prank Call on CNN
- Flight of the Conchords - She-Wolf
- Duran Duran - "Ordinary World" (Directors Cut)
- Jeru the Damaja - "You Can't Stop the Prophet"
- Candace Parker Becomes 2nd Player to Dunk in WNBA ...
- Rare Live Sublime - "FreeStyle" @ Groove Tube
- Viral Video of the Day (6/24/08)
- News of the Day
- James Catusco's Best Game Ever
- Black Star - "Supreme Supreme"
- The Pharcyde - "Passin' Me By"
- Rare Live Sublime - "Smoke Two Joints"
- Flight of the Conchords - "Mermaids"
- Nas - "Nas Is Like"
- The Cheese Incident on Extra!
- The Cheese Incident Featured on Yahoo (Again!)
- Viral Video of the Day (6/23/08)
- Jeff Buckley Live - Sweet Thing 1992 (rare)
- Biggest Animal on Earth!
- Amir Sadollah vs. C.B. Dollaway (FULL FIGHT)
- George Carlin Dies at 71
- ▼ 06/22 - 06/29 (74)
- ► 2007 (121)
- A Cat's Thoughts (17)
- A Dog's Thoughts (21)
- Adam Schleichkorn (660)
- Barry the Dog (78)
- Dan Taft (77)
- DT (44)
- Galz (70)
- Galz Breaks Records (47)
- Garrett Steinger (32)
- Hidden Track TV (602)
- James Catusco (50)
- Larry the Lizard (8)
- Lulu the Cat (18)
- Music (465)
- Mylo the Cat (225)
- Peter Toh (100)
- Press (21)
- Random Web Stuff (485)
- Station Softball Reality Show (25)
- Videos (1505)
- Worst Basketball Player Ever Series (37)