1) Diet drinks and sweeteners
Say it with me-You are better off having some plain old table sugar than any product that has NutraSweet, aspartame, equal, acesulfame potassium, etc. Sure, you’ll save some calories, but what you will earn is digestive problems, carcinogenic effects, toxicity to the liver and possible damage to brain tissue. In addition, these products are so god damn sweet that they’ve been shown to cause sugar cravings anyway! Try stevia, xylitol, or unrefined evaporated can juice.
2) Eating lots of dairy for calcium and protein
Dairy foods are the single biggest cause of mucus buildup in the body. Studies have shown that the more mucus you have, the less healthy you are and the shorter you will live. Think about it; we are the only animals that drink other animal’s milk. It’s rather gross, and dairy calcium is poorly absorbed. Cheese is even worse, acting as a quesomorphin, in which when you eat cheese, it binds to some of the same receptors that narcotics do. And it sits like an anvil in your stomach. Cream cheese doesn’t even have any protein, and is the Satan of cheese, which is evil to start with. The only innocent among the dairy family is yogurt. Eat up!
3) Avoiding beans because they give you gas
Absurd!!! Beans are a great source of fiber, protein and iron. Add them anywhere to anything. They’re also cheap as hell. And they clean you out. That’s the fiber in them bitches. Don’t end up like John Wayne on a morgue table with 50 pounds of undigested meat in your colon. You know what really gives you gas? A diet of McDonald’s, sausages, and beer!!!!
4) Avoiding fat because it is high in calories
Making the list, I am progressively becoming more enraged by the stupidity of some people; it is not fat in general that you should worry about, it is the type of fat. Omega 3 fats and monounsaturated are extremely beneficial to the body, and can be found in all nuts, seeds, and fish. If you want to eat fish, just be careful to limit tuna consumption, as you’ll be ingesting that tuna on rye with a nice side of mercury if you’re not careful. Margarine is not necessarily healthier than butter, because of all the extra chemicals that they douse it with. Coconut and chocolate, especially dark, both of which have maligned throughout recent history, have tremendous health benefits. If I hear another anorexic looking broad say “I was so bad today, I put mayo on my sandwich.” Grrrrrrrr
5) Skipping breakfast
Absolute heresy in the church of nutrition, yet so many still do it. Some because they don’t have time, some because they want to save their calories. Do me a favor and save me from your malfunctioning brains, which have already taken over this zombie-like consumer culture. If you go to sleep every night, which most of us do, then you’re already without food for six hours or so. Some longer. Feed your brain!
You Are Reading
Marc Muchnik Saturday, June 28, 2008 Random Web Stuff
- ► 2011 (117)
- ► 2010 (133)
- ► 2009 (149)
06/22 - 06/29
- NY Knicks Draft Danilo Gallinari
- 5 Nutrition Mistakes That Piss the Hell Out Of Me ...
- MTV2 Commercial Video on MTV.com
- Jay-Z Freestyle - "Laser In Ya Ear"
- Rare Live Sublime - "Greatest Hits" & "All You Nee...
- AZ - "The Format" (Prod DJ Premier)
- Jeff Buckley Live - Last Goodbye (1995)
- UFC Champ Rampage Jackson vs. Blogger
- Best Basketball Bloopers - Missed Dunks
- The Trons
- Viral Video of the Day (6/28/08)
- Top 10 KOs of 2007 (MMA, Kick Boxing, Muaythai, UF...
- How to Snag a Major League Baseball
- NBA TV's 2008 NBA Draft Recap
- Chicago Bulls Take Derrick Rose No.1 in NBA Draft
- Smashing Pumpkins - "Cherub Rock"
- NoFX - "Linoleum" (Live - 1996)
- UFC 86 - The Countdown is On
- Rare Live Sublime - "Ganja Gladiator"
- Goodie Mob - "Dirty South" ft. Outkast
- Viral video of the Day (6/27/08)
- Gunnin' for That #1 Spot: Official Movie Trailer
- 2008 NBA Draft es Esta Noche
- DamNation w/ The Reverend Bob Levy
- Propaganda Blog on DefinitiveJux.net
- The State - "Fast Food"
- Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Give It Away" (Woodstock ...
- Rare Live Sublime - "Warning Sign"
- Rampage & Forrest Griffin joke on UFC show
- Team USA - Road To Redemption #2
- Viral Video of the Day (6/26/08)
- Beastie Boys - "So What'cha Want"
- Flight of the Conchords - Best of Murray
- Rakim - "When I Be On The Mic" (prod. by DJ Premie...
- Killarmy - "The Shoot Out"
- Team USA - Road To Redemption #1
- The Beatles - "In My Life" 1965
- 5 Great things about being a Metalhead (Savage Spe...
- The Top 10 Most Expensive Domain Names Ever
- This Week on MTV2
- Big L ft. Shyheim - "Furious Anger"
- Shyheim - "On And On" (Prod. by Dj Premier)
- Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Soul to Squeeze"
- Notorious BIG - "Unbelievable" (live on hot 97)
- Nine Inch Nails: "Piggy" Live
- M.O.P - "Cold as Ice"
- Rare Live Sublime - "Get Ready/Pawn Shop"
- Xgobobeanx - "Wii Need to Talk"
- Forrest Griffin and Rampage Jackson vs. Shogun Rua...
- Viral Video of the Day (6/25/08)
- Paid Dues at the Fillmore in Denver Colorado
- Savage Speaks: Top 5 Workout Mistakes That Piss th...
- Rampage Jackson KO's Ricardo Arona via Power Bomb
- Howard Stern Prank Call on CNN
- Flight of the Conchords - She-Wolf
- Duran Duran - "Ordinary World" (Directors Cut)
- Jeru the Damaja - "You Can't Stop the Prophet"
- Candace Parker Becomes 2nd Player to Dunk in WNBA ...
- Rare Live Sublime - "FreeStyle" @ Groove Tube
- Viral Video of the Day (6/24/08)
- News of the Day
- James Catusco's Best Game Ever
- Black Star - "Supreme Supreme"
- The Pharcyde - "Passin' Me By"
- Rare Live Sublime - "Smoke Two Joints"
- Flight of the Conchords - "Mermaids"
- Nas - "Nas Is Like"
- The Cheese Incident on Extra!
- The Cheese Incident Featured on Yahoo (Again!)
- Viral Video of the Day (6/23/08)
- Jeff Buckley Live - Sweet Thing 1992 (rare)
- Biggest Animal on Earth!
- Amir Sadollah vs. C.B. Dollaway (FULL FIGHT)
- George Carlin Dies at 71
- ▼ 06/22 - 06/29 (74)
- ► 2007 (121)
- A Cat's Thoughts (17)
- A Dog's Thoughts (21)
- Adam Schleichkorn (659)
- Barry the Dog (78)
- Dan Taft (77)
- DT (44)
- Galz (70)
- Galz Breaks Records (47)
- Garrett Steinger (32)
- Hidden Track TV (602)
- James Catusco (50)
- Larry the Lizard (8)
- Lulu the Cat (18)
- Music (465)
- Mylo the Cat (224)
- Peter Toh (100)
- Press (21)
- Random Web Stuff (485)
- Station Softball Reality Show (25)
- Videos (1505)
- Worst Basketball Player Ever Series (37)