Blah blah blah blah blah.
10. Nas - He’s in, Jay’s out. Sorry, but Nas’ first two albums are ridiculously strong, and after what I would call 2 rather crappy albums, “I Am” and “Nastradamus,” Nas came back big time with several more great LPs.
9. Black Thought - The Roots are the shit. Black Thought is arguably the most under-rated MC of all time, except for maybe Hammer. His rhymes are cutting and intelligent, and he’s got some serious style and a cool ass band to back him up- Quest Love where you at?
8. Rakim - Pioneer. One of, if not the first MC to rhyme multiple words in different parts of his lines, Rakim is ultra creative and has a mesmerizing voice that’s hard core without having to be explicitly violent. A true Master of Ceremonies.
7. Common Sense - One of my personal favorites, the brotha Com has been doing his thing since back in the day. I think Common has released about 7 albums, and every single one of them is off the hook. Plus he doesn’t have like 20 featured artists on each of his albums- he can actually carry the whole thing by himself.
6. Big Pun - The one who makes the kids run. Unfortunately it seems that if you are a rapper with the word Big any where in your name you are more likely to die young. That’s why you don’t see any rappers nowadays with Big in their name. True story. All I really have to say about Big Pun, is he rapped “Dead in the middle of Little Italy little did we know every riddle to middle man who didn’t do diddly.” And that is why he’s the man.
5. KRS-One - Yes my son; KRS-One was the first MC, that, if you messed with him and tried to battle, your career was OVER. What’s up Shan? Mixing in the Rude Boi wickedness, KRS-One is possibly the smartest rapper to ever touch a mic. Who else raps about the falsehoods of organized religion and it’s thievery of astrology; that pretty much sums up why he’s not a mainstream rapper right there. Don’t worry though, Nelly, you really did kill him in your little battle…
4. Biggie - Biggie is kind of like everyone’s favorite rapper, at least in New York. He was one of the most descriptive MCs of all time, able to paint a perfect picture with words. His voice and his style are so unique that there really will never be anyone like him ever again. But coming from the mean streets of Bed Stuy he should’ve known not to talk shit about Kwame.
3. Tupac - He and Big will be forever linked- they are two of the most influential artists in this genre. Tupac was heartfelt, his voice was dynamic, and he really had something to say. Plus when he blew up there were a lot of really shitty rappers, kind of like now, and everyone was like, “who da fuck is dis dude?” Word.
2. Big L - If he wasn’t murdered, Big L might have been far and away the greatest rapper of all time. No one can rap like him. If you ever listen to the 7 minute “freestyle” with him and Jay-Z, you’ll hear how unbelievably ridiculous Jay-Z was. Then you’ll hear how Big L just blows an unbelievably ridiculous rapper right out of the water. They weren’t battling each other, but rapping after Big L is kind of like going on stage after George Carlin.
1. Mos Def - No one has ever rapped about more significant shit. No one can fuck with his vocab. And as smart as he is, and as cool as his style is, he’s still street. Black on Both Sides is the greatest Hip Hop album EVER. Do the following- get Black on Both Sides, get the Blackstar album, get the old Bush Babies album, and then pick up the New Danger and True Magic. This guy is a different artist on every LP. And each one of these is the shit. Really listen to the man and then tell me someone is better, cause their not.
- ► 2011 (117)
- ► 2010 (133)
- ► 2009 (149)
03/09 - 03/16
- My Resume (Multi-Talented)
- Top 10 Mainstream Movies
- Norm MacDonald on the Larry Sanders Show
- Viral Video of the Day (3/14/08)
- Greatest Hits
- Check Out the Duce
- March Madness!
- The NBA Analyst: The NBA Draft and James Catusco!
- I Fed You Soup!
- Viral Video of the Day (3/13/08)
- Yak Ballz - New Communication ft. Cage
- DamNation w/ The Reverend Bob Levy
- Classic Music Videos - "Smells Like Teen Spirit" b...
- Viral Video of the Day (3/12/08)
- Yankees Sign Billy Crystal
- The Late Show - Top Ten Eliot Spitzer Excuses
- Johnny Carson - First Time Standups
- Viral Video of the Day (3/11/08)
- Tonight Instore @ UndergroundHipHop.com Store in B...
- The Promoter - Episode 2
- Nalts Uses Another Peter Toh Track
- Top 10 Rappers
- Viral Video of the Day (3/10/08)
- UCLA beats Cal or did they?
- Savage Speaks: Bam Bam Bigelow
- Viral Video of the Day (3/9/08)
- ▼ 03/09 - 03/16 (26)
- ► 2007 (121)
- A Cat's Thoughts (17)
- A Dog's Thoughts (21)
- Adam Schleichkorn (659)
- Barry the Dog (78)
- Dan Taft (77)
- DT (44)
- Galz (70)
- Galz Breaks Records (47)
- Garrett Steinger (32)
- Hidden Track TV (602)
- James Catusco (50)
- Larry the Lizard (8)
- Lulu the Cat (18)
- Music (465)
- Mylo the Cat (224)
- Peter Toh (100)
- Press (21)
- Random Web Stuff (485)
- Station Softball Reality Show (25)
- Videos (1505)
- Worst Basketball Player Ever Series (37)